In honor of Summer officially arriving, La Cucina is whipping up a spin on lettuce wraps. Swapping collard greens for lettuce because they have a great crunch and texture.
Ingredients and approximate amounts are highlighted throughout the recipe. We recommend using organic and local ingredients.
- Clean, dry and remove base stem of 6-8 collard green leaves.
- Layer a piece of grilled chicken or quality turkey deli meat in one collard leaf.
- Add your favorite spread. We love hummus, pesto or guacamole.
- Layer a slice of raw cheese.
- Top with thinly sliced peppers and tomato. Roll collard greens and stick with a toothpick to secure.
- Optional top with raw carrot ribbons.
E ora di mangiare